Friday, July 10, 2015

PARISIAN ROMAN MISS

Bonjour mes chéries! I miss you dearly and I don't even know where to begin. I'm a little frustrated right now because I had this post almost ready to go and then it got deleted, but here I go again. So right now I am in our cute little apartment in Florence, Italy. I've already visited Paris and Rome and both of them were amazing, you guys. Paris was my dreamland and Rome felt like a fairy tale. I've seen and done so many once-in-a-lifetime type of things, but I have to say travel is so much harder than I had expected. The heat, the unfamiliarity, not knowing the language or feeling comfortable in your surroundings, trying to figure out how to get places via metro and plans falling through left and right. Despite everything, the experiences I have had make it beyond worth it. 

It's hard to think of anything I didn't like about Paris, besides how hot it was when I was there (I barely made it to the end of that week). The whole ambiance and culture feels so right for my personality and I would really love to live there someday. I love the tall, elegant buildings rising on both sides of the streets, the sweet little boutiques and bakeries that you can find just about anywhere. My most memorable experience was going up the Eiffel Tower on my last night there. We went up after dark and I have no words to explain how it felt to look down on Paris all lit up. Picnic-ing in the gardens of Versailles was pretty unforgettable as well, and I loved being able to put my one year of French to use because I adore the language so much. The fashion I saw there cannot go without mention as well. Parisians dress with such class and style no matter the occasion. I fell in love with so many outfits just walking through the streets that I constantly wished I could pin them straight onto Pinterest. Paris is truly the Mecca for fashionistas, and I highly recommend it :)

Rome was a real fairy tale. Walking off the metro and into the city was like entering another world. I generally don't consider myself someone who appreciates art to the fullest, but some of the sculptures I saw there absolutely blew me away. The food was amazing and there are beautiful fountains and ancient ruins casually on the side of the street. I loved the feeling of just being there and taking in the ambiance. I kept thinking about the movie Roman Holiday (go watch it if you haven't already) and thinking "Audrey Hepburn sat on these steps too" and "Audrey Hepburn probably saw this fountain too" and "can I just be Audrey Hepburn please??"  But what else is new, right? I do want to tell you about the window shopping I did while in Rome (surprise!). We were staying very close to the Spanish Steps and a street that had high end stores galore: Prada, Gucci, Celine, Jimmy Choo, Louis Vuitton, Hermes, Dior, Valentino, etc. They were all so luxurious and glamorous inside, I completely fell in love. I should have taken pictures, but at the time I was so intimidated by the attractive sales people in LBDs and tuxes and the pristine, beautiful displays that I didn't dare speak too loud or walk too fast, let alone get out my phone and snap a few photos. But let me tell you, Valentino was in my opinion the most amazing store of them all. We walked in and the whole store was white floor to ceiling, with all black clothing on display. We walked up a pristine marble-looking staircase to the second floor where we found elegant gowns with intricate beading and shelves of runway ready heels. There was loud classical music playing in the background, the overall effect being that we had walked into another world, like swan lake or some sort of fairy land. Yes, I'll definitely be back in Rome someday. Love and miss you all very much, enjoy your weekend!

xo,

 Madelyn 




























No comments:

Post a Comment